Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Class in General

So, now that we're done reading The Left Hand of Darkness, we're writing an essay related to it. But this time, we get to be the envoys and we must report back to our own counsils. In my report, I decided to discuss the social topic of gender. I chose to speak on gender because we had already talked about it in class a week or two ago, and I thought I had good examples on gender already. Some examples I mentioned in my essay were occupations and certain gender-based quotes people say. I also wanted to speak about gender because I feel that in our society, males are more superior than females, and that's not fair to us females! And I know there are probably a lot of other girls who feel the same way. It's too bad that the solutions I used in my essay wouldn't be so simple to use in real life. Oh well, I guess for now I can imagine the equality that I wished society would have with genders.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment