Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chapter 14.

Hey everyone! Sorry for the late post. My internet wasn't working on Friday night, so I had to use my phone to e-mail Ms.Aaland my blog post and she told me to just post it on my blog when my internet works again.. so here it is!

Chapter 14 was very interesting! Never would I have thought that Estraven would actually be helping Genly. This whole time, I thought he didn't like him and was going to be against him throughout the whole story. I think Estraven was nice to have saved Genly and help get him out of jail. During todays group discussion, one of the question really made me think. I don't remember what the exact question was, but it was along the lines of "would you trust Estraven?" Automatically, without thinking, I said I definitely would not trust him. After all, he was considered a traitor and didn't even help Genly in the beginning. But when I really thought about I I realized I would actually trust him. If someone is willing to go out of their way to rescue you and even carry you on their shoulders through harsh conditions, it obviously proves that they're really there for you. I know for sure that I wouldn't do that for anyone unless it was someone I cared about! I think this chapter was the most interesting so far of this whole novel. Its still a bit confusing, but the discussions are helping me clarify what's actually going on.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. helllo shirlyn!! =) i agree with you! because the beginning of the story gave off such a negative vibe of estraven, i wasnt expecting to change my views on him, at all. once i read about his heroic actions, my opinion about him completely changed, as did genly's. HAHA. i think i would trust him because, if i were genly, he saved my life and rescued me from the prison/jail. it seems as if his bad/frowned-upon actions are done for the greater good, like stealing food - which was for our survival! this is definitely something that i would actually consider as him a good person! =D bye!
    nicole

    ReplyDelete