Friday, May 1, 2009

"05/01/09"

We're finally done with this book! But I must say, I didn't really appeal to me because of the women not getting any rights part. The quote that was given to us for our in class essay even made me mad! Haha.. I felt like Offred was so helpless in that quote. I thought she was saying that she really didn't want to be apart of the salvaging and be hung on the Wall. She would rather allow the government to do whatever they wanted with her instead of dying... She would rather live and be treated as an object than die! Shes crazy! I don't think I'd want to live under those circumstances. I also don't think it's necessary for the government of Gilead to have some kind of a public ceremony where they hang people who have done wrong. Not only is it embarassing, but it must really be hurtful to watch the whole process. But I guess they have to do whatever they have to do in order to keep control of their society.. Oh what propganda does to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment