Friday, April 24, 2009

Late Post.

Today we did an activity in class that we've never done before. It was called, "Think Out Loud" I believe. Well anyway, I thought this activity was pretty interesting. I also thought it helped me understand the text a little better because sometimes when I read, my thoughts get jumbled up with what I read, but since I get to speak out loud, there was no longer any mix up!

Chapter 35 really caught my attention today. One quote that made me think was this one on page 226, "You would look at the man one day and you would think, I loved you, and that tense would be past, and you would be filled with a sense of wonder..."
- I find that interesting because in my opinion, I don't think love can be used in past tense. It's either you love someone, or you never loved them at all. I don't think you can stop loving someone and if you ever think you loved someone, it probably wasn't love at all and it was just pure infatuation.

Also, at the end of this chapter, it talked about Ofglen not being able to use a knife while she ate because she has "manual skills and teeth". That's just another way of how they prevent the women from having any type of power. I admire the women so much for being able to put up with such tough living conditions!

1 comment:

  1. lol! i think it is called "think out loud"! i'm not actually sure though, but it sounds right! =)i agree! it was a big help! it helped me to understand what i was reading and helped me slow down my reading so i can let my thinking process come out.. if you know what i mean? hehe.

    that was really deep! i think you're right! i think love can not be past tense. i think if you love someone, you love someone! i do not think your love for someone would ever go away. once you've already LOVED them, you would love them forever, even if they leave you, or died or something. even if they did something horrible, like killed someone or something, your love for that person is still there! right?

    i think women are just as strong as men =) that's why they could put up with stuff like this! i think that's also why they make these rules and restrictions, so that they could make women less powerful than men and so that the men would not have to feel threatened by the strength women possess.

    ReplyDelete